2020 Wenzhou International Design Biennial(Wenzhou Biennial)is an exhibition with international vision and professional standards, co-hosted by the Publicity Department ofWenzhou Municipal Party Committee of Zhejiang Province andZhejiang College of Security Technology.Its theme of “Fashion Ouyue, Intelligent future”(Ouyue culture means Wenzhou culture), aims to display and promote frontier design concepts and expressions. Through integrating design with culture, science&technology, fashion, industry and economy, Wenzhou Biennial devote to explore the futureof industry supported by design.
Wenzhou is well-known for its reforms and opening up. The “Wenzhou Model” that has been explored and condensed over the past 40 year is precisely a large-scale and protracted “innovation” and “design”.WenzhouBiennial has been held for 2sessions, and Wenzhou Design has continuously deepened the communication with the worldthrough the exhibition and competition.We will continue to uphold the concept of innovative design, strengthen the external communication and cooperation, promote the publicity and transformation of innovative achievements, so as to further highlight the interconnection and inclusivenessof Wenzhouculture. Wenzhou Biennial will become a window for Wenzhou to see the world and a platform for the world to understand Wenzhou.
Fashion Ouyue, Intelligent Future
The competition is open to all companies, colleges, institutions and individuals around the world.Each category is divided intoprofessional group and student group. Professional group: designers, design enthusiasts, design-related workers. Student group: Full-time students from art school. (Includingundergraduates, graduate students, and doctoral students).
4.1 Product design
(1) Intelligent service design: including hardware products, software products, and software&hardware products that realize smart life through Internet, IoT, AI, VR and other new technology.
(2) Fashion design:including personal fashion items that decorate and beautify the human body, such as fashion design, shoe and hat design, leather goods, clothing accessories, glasses, jewelry and other light industrial products.
(3) Safety protection product design: works closely related to production and life, including personal safety protection products, home protection products, fire protection equipment in life and production, intelligent monitoring, safety production protection, etc.
(4) Cultural and creative design:including non-legacy products and derivatives, cultural and creative products and derivatives, cultural and creative products, signs, and packaging that can be produced and applied to normal life.
4.2 “Large Garden · Small Bonsai” Environmental Art Design
(1) “Large garden” landscape design: including the regional landscape design around the homestay tourismthat fully displays the local history, culture and folk customs.
(2) “Small bonsai” homestay design:including the architecture and interior design around the homestay art with rich local cultural characteristics.
The competition adopts public registration and expert nomination. The public registration works need to participate in the preliminary evaluation, and the experts nominated works can directly enter the final evaluation approved by thecommittee. Nomination experts and judgeswill work independently. The same work cannot be registered in multiple categories at the same time.
5.2 Registration period and fees
Work collection period is from March 1, 2020 to June 20, 2020 at 24:00(UTC+8). Overdue works will not be accepted. No registration fee will be charged. Participants shall bear the logistics, insurance,
customs clearance and other expenses incurred by themselves.
(1) All forms such as products, software, and comprehensive services can be registered. The Committee has the right to adjust the group and categoryaccording to the actual situation.
(2) The professional group is targeted for works within 2 years in the market, or not in the market but can provide full-function prototype before final evaluation this year (environmental art works do not need to provide samples). The student group is targeted for works not in the market but can provide design modelbefore final evaluation(Except for environmental art works).
(3) The submitted works must be designed by the author. Anyone who plagiarizes will be disqualified for submission. The relevant legal consequences shall be borne by the submitter. Except for the registration form, no names, organizations and any other unrelated marks about the submitter is allowed to appear on theworks, otherwise the participation qualification will be canceled.
(4)Please see Attachment 1 for Requirements and specifications for submission. The preliminary evaluation resultsand the work delivery information will be announced on our official website.
(5) The preliminary evaluation is online review, please submit the work information by email. The theme should be category + group + submitter name + work name (see the naming method in attachment 2).The designated mailbox as below:
Intelligent service design: email@example.com
Fashion design: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety protection product design: email@example.com
Cultural creative design: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Large Garden · Small Bonsai” Environmental ArtDesign: email@example.com
5.4 Donation and collection
(1) Qualifiedaward-winning works will be collected and granted“Certificate of Wenzhou International Design Biennale Collection”. (2) The award-winning works must be donated to thecommittee.If there is futher R&D use, too large to be transported or the value exceeds the prize, the winner should submit the application and related certification documents, after the confirmation by the committee, it can be replaced by model or prototype.
The evaluation will be divided into preliminary evaluation and final evaluation. The results will be published on the official website.
(1) Call for works: From now on-July 20, 2020
(2)Announcement for the result of preliminary evaluation: July 15, 2020
(3) Final evaluation: August 30, 2020
(4)Deadline for the Work Delivery: September 20, 2020
(5)Work Display: 2020 Wenzhou International Biennale Exhibition
7. Awards setting
The competition is divided into 2 categories(Product Design and “Large Garden · Small Bonsai” Environmental Art Design), 6 items(Intelligent service design, Fashion design, Safety protection product design, Cultural creative design, “Large garden” landscape design and “Small bonsai” homestay design), each item is divided into two groups(professional group and student group).The works will be review separately.
Each group sets 1 gold award, 2 silver awards,3 bronze awards and several honorable mentions. There will be only 1 Grand Award each year. The winners will be granted certificate and trophies authorized and sealed by the Publicity Department ofWenzhou Municipal Party Committee of Zhejiang Province.
8. Contact Us
Telephone: 13566237963 (Ms. Yang) ; 13587878459 (Mr. Chen)
Official website: http://wzdb.zjist.cn/
Translation support agency: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Requirements and specifications for submission
2. Instructions for Final Evaluation
Requirements and specifications for submission
Panel: The participants should make a panel for each work(Nomore than 3 panels for series of works and “big garden · small bonsai” environmental art design works). The format of every picture on panel should be jpg, 700mm × 1000mm, vertical layout, 300dpi, RGB mode, less than 50M. The panel should include brief design description, which canexplain the design intention and characteristics of the work. The number of characters is not limited, but the language should be Chinese available for traditional and simplified) or English. The icon of Wenzhou Biennial should be on the upper left on the panel. The icon can be downloaded from the official website.
Evaluationimages: The format should be jpg, 210mm*290mm(available for horizontal and vertical), 300dpi, RGB mode, less than20M each one.
It’s optional for participants to prepare the video. Theformat should be MP4, 5M - 50M, 1080p, less than 5 minutes and the ratio should be 16: 9. Please ensure the image quality.
The format should be jpg., within 200 words, Arial, size four for font , A4(210mm×297mm) , vertical version, 100dpi. It requires for creativity and content expression clearly.
Participants are required to download the registration form from the official website (http://wzdb.zjist.cn/), fill it out, and send email to us packaging with the pictures of the panel and the evaluationfiles. All materials (including the evaluation files) should be put in a folder, naming as: category + group + submitter name + work name.
Example 1: Smart Service Design-Professional Group -Yang Jing-Travel Experience App Design;
Notice for Final Evaluation
1. Works Delivery
(1) After the Preliminary Evaluation, in addition to the works of “big garden · small bonsai”, all shortlisted works(Prototype) must be mailed to the committee for the final evaluation and exhibition. Failure to provide the model or mail the works to the committee as requiredon time will be considered as give up the qualification for the evaluation.
Name: Ms. Zhou Yi
Address:Fashion Intelligent Design Center, B2, 9F, World WenzhouRen Community, 1288 Huizhan Road, Lucheng District, Wenzhou Municipality, Zhejiang Province, China (32500)
(2) Participants should bear the fee of transportation, insurance, customs and other expenses incurred in delivery.Freight collect payment will not be accepted.
(3) All works will be used on exhibition, and the participants should install and debug them to usable state by themselves. If the participants need to entrust the committee to install and debug the works, theyshould provide detailed installation video or instructions.
(4) The exhibited works require a self-made solid wood packaging box, which is sturdy, easy to carry, and affixed with a unified label (work registration form)
(1) Thecommittee will not be responsible for the return of works. If the participants need the committee to return, please fill in the return information on time, the overdue requirement will be rejected.
(2) In order to ensure the normal progress of the evaluation, exhibition and other activities, all participants couldn’t request the returnwithin the non-return period; after the exhibition, thecommittee will arrange the return.
(3) Participants shall bear all costs regarding transportation, tariffs, etc. For entries to domestic cities, thecommittee will use freight collect payment for returning. For entries to overseas countries, participants should provide the delivery materials(including but not limited in express waybill, proforma invoice, cargo packing list, etc.) and contact express company staff to designated venue for taking the entry.
(4) Participants will automatically be deemed as waiving the ownership of the entry without complete returning information by Nov.30, 2020.